15 April, 2008

new camera lens...

well, i got a new camera lens and i just love it. it's a 50mm portrait lens and i'm just learning how to use it. what fun. here's the very first picture i took with it. my yogurt girl...



i've been so inspired by the many amazing and beautiful photos of my friends here in blogdom, that i really wanted to try to improve my own pictures. erin over at bluebirdbaby graciously shared some of her guidance and tips with me, since we discovered we use the same kind of camera (nikon D70). and she was the one who encouraged me to purchase this 50mm lens. and i'm so happy i did. thank you, erin! i've got a lot to learn and it will take a great deal of practice, but what fun this is going to be.

yours in inspiration,

shelley

16 comments:

dawn klinge said...

Your first picture with your new lens is beautiful. I want to learn more about using my camera also.

Erin said...

Lovely! It looks beautiful! Was it taken at night? Have you played with the white balance at all? That would be the next thing to fiddle with :) I look forward to seeing more of your photos! Glad I could be of some help.

waldorfmama said...

dawn - thanks!

erin - yes, it was taken in the early evening. i'll play around with the white balance, like you suggested. :) thanks for all your help!

denise said...

Lovely photo! I love taking photos...seeing photos...learning about cameras. ALl good! :)

Mama Randa Morning Glory said...

New cameras (and lenses) are fun! I'm always amazing by the starry wisdom evident in Maya's sweet face. Looking forward to seeing more new photos from you Shelley!

CassieMarie said...

Great pic!!
I've got a D50, and that was my first extra lens I got for mine as well. Don't you love it! I hate flash, so it makes interior photography so much easier!

TheSingingBird said...

beautiful photo...she looks like her mama :)

Gypsy said...

What a beautiful picture and a beautiful little girl! Your photos are amazing anyway - I can't wait to see the new ones. I will be so envious - I take dreadful photos. By the way I have quoted you in my latest blog post if you get a minute come and see!
http://domesticallyblissed.wordpress.com

amanda said...

such a sweet photo! Enjoy your new toy :)

Linda said...

I also shoot with the D70(s). (I am assuming that this is acutally an 85mm since we're in digital?)
I'm new to your blog, but I'm in TX too.
Looking forward to following along on your journey.
blessings and peace

FairiesNest said...

What a gorgeous picture, the essence of innocence!

Teaching Handwork said...

great shot!

Fabelwesen said...

Hey Shelley, what a beautiful picture, and what a great blog.
I needle waldorf-dolls and over a google search to this issue I found your blog :o)
Visit me, if you like!

many regards from germany
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Great shot!

tamlovesran said...

The photo is lovely. I would love to have a better camera to help improve my photography skills.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.