19 January, 2008

heaven...

i'm in heaven!  just look at this big bunch of beautiful yarn that i recently received from my friend, rachel-marie, over at her awesome etsy shop...



gorgeous handspun, handdyed wool.  isn't it just heavenly?  i can't wait to get knitting with it! can you tell i prefer the warmer side of things when it comes to color?  i love sunshine and sunsets and oranges and pinks.  that's me.

and here is my sweet maya, drawing her rainbows...while i was organizing my yarn.  she has a definite artistic side...


after drawing and organizing, it was dress up time.  here is maya wearing her baby in a sling (notice we still have our christmas tree up! - she loves it so we haven't taken it down yet)...


and lastly, the latest custom order hat i had the honor of making for my friend cadi, using some beautiful yarn from waldorf friends at dreamincoloryarn.com...



yours in sunshine and rainbows,

shelley

11 comments:

Lizz said...

Oh yes, those yarns are heaven! And look at the rainbows and what a darling little girl.

Thanks for sharing peeks into your life.

waldorfmama said...

thanks, lizz. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Maya is so sweet!
Thanks for showing off your yarn!

TheSingingBird said...

maya looks so cute and she has hair! i'd only seen the lovingly hatted & precious younger photos of her until now, what a sweetheart :)

that yarn looks yummy!

happy day to you shelley and family :)

waldorfmama said...

rachel-marie...thanks for stopping by. :)

birdie...yes, maya does have hair. finally. :) she was bald until she was about 3 years old (march 07)! :)

denise said...

What beautiful colors - I love yarn. And cute creative little person pix! :)

Anonymous said...

Oooo, Shelly, I just want to dive into that basket of yarn! That's how I feel when new fleece arrives at my door, too :) Happy knitting!

waldorfmama said...

thanks denise and faerie!

Cadi said...

I can't wait to get the hat in the mail. It looks lovely! I also can't wait to see who will - one day - wear it! :-)
Your daughter is adorable! A budding artist indeed! :-)

Anonymous said...

shelley, maya is beautiful! looks like there's room at that table for brian:o)

Skein Queen said...

I am drooling over that yarn. Yum! I think you have a budding artist on your hands!