well, here it is. my birthday week. tomorrow, march 5, i'll be 46. funny thing is, i don't feel 46. i feel more like i'm 18. i've actually always felt this way, no matter what stage of my life i've been in. i spent my 20's having 3 wonderful babies and finding out who i was as a mama. i spent my 30's rediscovering myself again and finding my soulmate. and now i'm a mama again in my 40's. life couldn't be better! so i'll be celebrating all week with pictures and posts.
i'll start with a meme that bex, over at poppy & mei days, tagged me with. here are seven random things about myself...
1. i'm an identical twin. my twin sister, shannon, and i were born only 3 minutes apart. we are extremely close and can read each other's thoughts. we often buy the very same things without knowing it.
2. by the time i was 20, i had climbed nearly half of the 14ers (mountains over 14,000 ft high) in colorado.
3. i have 4 tattoos. a sun on my right hip, the japanese word for peace on my left upper arm, the symbol for synchronicity on my right ankle, and a maltese cross on the inside of my lower left leg. i still want to get at least one more tattoo.
4. i nursed all 3 of my older children past the age of 3 years (hannah/born in 1982, naomi/born in 1986 and caleb/born in 1990). and i tandem nursed naomi and caleb.
5. i'm a seventh generation texan (which means my family's descendants have lived in texas for seven generations).
6. my husband is an inventor and a firefighter.
7. my daughter, maya, was born at home...just 10 days after my 42nd birthday.
so there you have it. i'd love to hear 7 random things about anyone else out there who wishes to share!
i've also decided to participate in 'green week', inspired by my friends grace and erin and hosted by emily over at shining egg. in honor of the celebration of green, here is my green for the day - a gift from a dear neighbor...
yours in celebration,