07 September, 2008

lovely fruit...

we really love fruit at our house. it's a daily staple since it really makes up the majority of maya's diet. strawberries, apples, peaches, nectarines, bananas, pineapples, grapes, blueberries, plums - the whole spectrum of the rainbow. this girl of ours practically lives on it. and with the thought of summer coming to a close, i am reminded of the bounty of fruit we have enjoyed this season...



i also wanted to share with you our little mealtime verse. a reminder of our connection to the earth and to whom we give thanks for the wonderful food we get to eat...


yours in thankfulness,

shelley

10 comments:

FrontierDreams said...

What a beautiful post! I just posted on my blog a few days ago asking everyones opinions on what verse we should use for meal time.that was one of the 3 I narrowed it down to and now you just sold me on it! Thank you!
What verse do you use for greeting the day? Thats another one I can't decide on :)

waldorfmama said...

nicole - oh thanks for this idea...i'll share our morning verse in my next post! :)

Anonymous said...

Our fruits are just gearing up as spring starts bringing forth it's bounty. I love your mealtime blessing. We currently have "blessings on the blossom..." for spring.

Unknown said...

Nice picture! And thanks for the "poem". I was in a Waldorf school here in The Netherlands, and we always said it (in Dutch!) before we ate.

Eet smakelijk!

Anonymous said...

Shelley, there is a German translation of this mealtime blessing. It is so nice to know that families around the world speak it. In Leni's waldorf kindergarten they have lots of beautiful blessings and little songs. Maria

Yarrow said...

Love that verse. Its just lovely. Blessings.

FrontierDreams said...

Yay! Can't wait!!
I've been meaning to ask you,too. Where did you get that font? I want to upload it to my computer somehow,if possible, so I can print out all our verses we use daily in that font and put them up all around our house :)

Anonymous said...

We eat alot of fruit around here too! :0)

TheSingingBird said...

It feels like I just walked through the colorful farmers' market here on your page :)

waldorfmama said...

ballee and mariengold - it is so heartwarming knowing that there are others saying this same waldorf verse in other parts of the world. as if we are all holding hands across the distance. :)