03 December, 2008

woolens and slippers...

it is finally that time of year, here in texas, where we are regularly wearing our woolens and wool slippers. so cozy and comforting. i love how wool has that special quality of warmth, unmatched by any other fiber. naturally. how it creates that layer of softness against our skin and warms us to the core. even the smell of wool makes me happy.



and as little feet have grown, it was time for a new pair of wool slippers. we got these from satch and sol after seeing them recommended here. a fantastic eco-friendly, fair trade business you can feel good about buying from. these beauties are already destined to be favorites!



yours in wooly goodness,

shelley

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful!

I love these slippers! Now I know what to tell my mom to get the girls for Christmas!

Cheers, Kelly

Joy said...

Great slippers! I so wanted to buy more slippers when Soulemama posted about them, but we were fortunate enough to buy several pairs in Ireland earlier this year so I'll have to try Satch and Sol's next year.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I've seen those slippers. They are adorable!

FrontierDreams said...

shelley, i,too,am in love with wool. ciara has lived in it since birth. in the winter both girls live in it. i even ordered myself a set of ruskovilla long johns this year! i can't wait to get them!
i tought i was the only person who loved the smell of wool :)

Unknown said...

i need to get the girls woolens for the winter, thanks for the reminder! they got felted slippers from australia from grandma and papa when they were on their trip...:) don't you just love them?!

great pictures once again!

mandi said...

what a great find! thanks for passing on the info!

Anonymous said...

adorable :-) I want them in my size lol!

momto5 said...

i got my son a pair of those slippers.. except his are blue and yellow. they are so yummy.