17 February, 2008

peachy pink...

here is the latest color in my 'made to order' line of wool pilot caps in my etsy shop, a beautiful peachy pink...


this color reminds me of a waldorf kindergarten, a color that speaks to my soul. you will find this color on the walls in every waldorf kindergarten across the world. the first time i ever walked into a waldorf kindergarten 20 years ago, the beauty touched me so deeply that it brought tears to my eyes. i felt an overwhelming connection to it that has never left me. and i have always painted the walls in my children's rooms this color while they were young. maya's room is this color...


we spend a lot of time playing, reading and just being together in her room (she still co-sleeps with us in our bedroom). it is a peaceful and comforting space to be.  and it always evokes a feeling of tranquility. i love to think that when maya goes into her waldorf kindergarten, she will continue to be surrounded with this beautiful and peaceful color that i am so drawn to and that she has grown up in!


yours in peaceful tranquility,

shelley

15 comments:

Lizz said...

Lovely colorway on the cap.

I'm moved deeply by light peachy colors as well. Every single time I see a watery sunset with all of it's pastel colors I say, "I want to paint that on my walls."

World Wide Alternative said...

It's so funny that you wrote about colour this time. I popped back here to look at all of the treasures in your last post because of the colours!
I never used to like soft colours very much until I was pregnant with Poppy. It's funny now that I am a Mumma I can't get enough of them!
The cap is so beautiful too...Xxx

Anonymous said...

shelley, every time i see peachy pink i think of you:o)

Cadi said...

shelley,

i sometimes step into one of the kindergartens and sit there for a minute, just because the colors are so lovely. :-)

the hat colors *are* lovely, as always. the phlegmatic in me thought "cotton candy - yummy." lol

also, i was wondering if i can add you to my list of favorite blogs? :-)

bright blessings,
cadi

waldorfmama said...

lizz - yes, i have the same feeling about sunsets!

poppy&mei - i feel it speaks to the mumma in all of us!

boo - it's amazing how well you know me even tho we've never met in person!

cadi - yes, of COURSE you can add me to your list of favorite blogs - i would be honored!

tamlovesran said...

I think that the beautiful colors in your photographs is what first drew my to your blog.

Tammy

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way as you when I first entered a waldorf kindy, smile...you captured the colours so perfectly in your daughters room. I've been thinking about lazuring my lil girls room, but after seeing your amzing peachy pink paint, maybe not. Did you mix the wall paint yourself? Care to share how to came to that beautiful hue. In Awe and Gratitude ~ Rachel in Northern CA

Ella said...

soft and cozy room. i would love to sit in there and read.

World Wide Alternative said...

Something for you at mine...Xxx

Grace said...

we're planning a move in the next month or so, and I'd like to paint my children's new room a similar shade. Do you mind sharing what paint you used in Maya's room?

Anonymous said...

just trying an experiment, bear with me.

Grace said...

I see that Blogger allows you to sign on as a Typepad user now, and I was seeing if it would link to my blog, but it didn't, so I am not going to bother.

waldorfmama said...

bex - thanks for the love in your blog!

rachel, boo and grace - the paint in maya's room in a mix of 2 colors of plain old glidden paint. a pink and a peach color that we mixed together to give it some depth. i'll try to find the paint cans and see what the exact colors are and get back to you!

Teaching Handwork said...

I just LOVE the hat!!!!!!!

Tara said...

Hello,
Was hoping you found the names of the two glidden paint colors. Did you mix them yourself? Do you remember your ratio? Thanks, it is really beautiful and I'm looking for a color to paint my preschool classroom.